Author: Kathryn Kelly
Narrator: Samuel Valor
Length: 10h 52m
Publisher: Leslie C. Ferdinand
Series: Death Dwellers, Book One
Genre: MC Romance
Megan “Meggie” Foy has had a tough life. Her home life is nothing as it seems. Living with her mother and stepfather is a complete nightmare. They seem to have the perfect little family, but appearances can be deceiving and monsters are closer than you think. When her body and mind can take no more abuse at the hands of her stepfather, Meggie finally decides to run, hoping her father, MC President of the Death Dwellers’ Joseph “Boss” Foy, can save her and rescue her terrified mother from the clutches of her step-monster, before it’s too late for them.
Christopher “Outlaw” Caldwell deals in a world of violence, sex, drugs, and crudity. As current president of the Death Dwellers’ MC, he presides over a club in chaos after the death of their longtime president and his mentor, Joseph “Boss” Foy. Outlaw is trying to keep everything with the club in his control. What happens when more trouble arises in the form of a blonde-haired, 18-year-old beauty with the same eyes as his former mentor?
Meggie discovers her daddy is gone and now there may be no one to save her and her mother. How will she feel when she finds out the man who killed him is the man she’s falling in love with? Can Outlaw get past his demons to truly find love with Meggie and peace with the death of Boss Foy? Alliances will be made, loyalties tested, lives will be lost, but will love conquer all in the world of bikers and revenge?
Kathryn Kelly is living her dream and writing books. She’s always been an avid reader and still devours books in her spare time. She also enjoys football, socializing, music, eating, and jokes. In her head, she’s the ultimate biker babe. In reality, she’s an ordinary girl-next-door and a native New Orleanian. Since the release of Misled in December 2013, she’s been living her dream of writing books. In August 2015, her life took a dramatic turn with the diagnosis of Stage 2B HER2 Positive Breast Cancer. She underwent a double mastectomy, lymph node removal, and breast reconstruction in February 2016. The support of her family, friends, and fans helped her to stay strong and keep her head up. #F*ckCancer became her rallying cry. Now located in the Houston area, she is once again cancer free. Her hair is growing back and her nails are returning to normal. Currently, she is plotting her next book.
Samuel Valor is a voice performance artist and narrator. He hails from Southern California where he spends his time writing, recording, and playing music. He has voiced a wide variety of books and commercials, from Shakespeare to mustard to romance, whatever needs that extra bit of masculine energy to spice it up. He has a four octave range, which allows for a wide variety of voices and sounds.
Top 10 Secrets You Never Knew About Outlaw
- My birthday is so insig-fucking-nificant to me, no motherfucker took note of it. The motherfucker came and went in silence and I refused to have my girl make a big deal over it. She has enough bullshit to deal with.
- I secretly love the motherfucking holidays. A new fucking year means new fucking beginnings. Time for me to do shit over.
- That bullshit that went down with me and fucking Snake the first fucking time made me fucking think about kids. But if Megan wasn’t there, I fucking doubt that fucking thought woulda crossed my motherfucking mind. Ain’t thought about kids ‘til I fucking laid eyes on Megan. Nothing else made me fucking want kids. It was her.
- I want sons and daughters but I’m scared like a motherfucker to have a little girl. I know all the shit I done to girls and I don’t want to have to kill some poor fuck because he fucked over my daughters.
- I tried to play some of the games Megan likes and I wanted to fuck up her iPad, especially that yellow-haired motherfucker in that ridiculous pink ass dress with that stupid fucking music chasing behind some fucked up candy. What the fuck’s the point? Ain’t to relax. Motherfucker had me strung tighter than, well, a motherfucker. And don’t get me started on those fucking oinkers. The birds need to be fucked up and the pigs need to be fucking roasted. Put every-fucking-body out their fucking misery.
- My favorite color is black. Represented my soul. ‘Til I met Megan. I love the fuck outta blue now.
- I have some favorite fucking places that I want to visit a-fucking-gain: Gettysburg, Big Ben, The Eiffel Tower, and the Sistine Chapel. Yeah, even a motherfucker like me can appreciate fucking history.
- Cliff diving gives me a motherfucking head rush. Just don’t fucking ask how the fuck I started some fucked up shit like cliff diving in the first fucking place. Ain’t something I care to discuss.
- I wanna get my GED. I hated fucking Algebra, though. Couldn’t motherfucking see how the fuck n + s = x. That’s head-fucky shit. Give me science and history and I’m fucking cool.
- I wanna write a book called Men Fuck Pussy & Other Fuck Facts by Outlaw.
Elsie’s Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Megan Foy’s home life is a misery. An abusive step-father has forced her to leave home in search of protection from her absentee father, the president of the Death Dwellers MC. Megan instead finds Christopher Caldwell has taken over as president and her father is nowhere to be found. Christopher has no choice but to take Megan under his protection and at the same time keep her at arm’s length. There are secrets that Christopher is desperate to keep from Megan, but fate has other plans.
If you like your MC romance raw and extreme, Misled is the audiobook for you. It pulls no punches and the characters are flawed and basically without remorse. I’ve listened to a lot of MC romance books so I’m pretty much immune to cursing in these type of stories. So when I take notice of the amount of cursing in an audiobook you know it’s got to be way above average even for this genre of book.
Misled is a well-written story, I had problems with the fidelity of the characters either in actions or thoughts. I’m not opposed to infidelity in a storyline, but I insist they suffer for their choices before obtaining redemption. While there is plenty of angst in this nearly 11-hour audiobook, fidelity is one that’s glossed over in my opinion.
Samuel Valor has fully voiced this audiobook and he is a new narrator to me. I loved his voice, it’s deep and has a rough edge and his reading added so much value to the telling of this story and is perfect for this genre. His narration helped tip this audiobook to a 4-star rating.
This audiobook was gifted to me in exchange for an unbiased review!
➜Sign up as a host here